A6: Levitt's quests, did I lose one?

MattC

I used to have an Aid Fort Dranlon quest.

I finished the Cotra quest (fun!) and visited Levitt for my pat on the back. Was told to go get on a boat, and my Dralon quest was gone. I visited Dranlon on the way and it seems rather likely that the Dralon parts will be beneath me by the time I finish the new Formello quest. I'm not sure I'll see the "major" Dranlon quest again at all.

I am sorely tempted to just do Dralon now and hope I'll get credit for it later after Formello. Will I lose out on anything important going this route? I could restore an old game before I finished Cotra and avoid reporting to Levitt, but that would undo quite a bit of adventuring, unless I'm missing something truly awesome I'd rather not.

You need to do 2 of the 3 aid cities/forts quests to get the next level of quests, in this case Formello. You get to do the 3rd quest, Aid Fort Dranlon, whenever you want, but you don't get any special experience for doing it from Levitt other that what happens during the quest. Also there is the loot and reward from the Fort Dranlon commander.

The Fort Draco quest later in the game is a special in that there is extra experience if you can get everyone home safely.

Thanks guys. I definitely got the Dranlon quest, just don't see it any more. I'll just talk to people in town and do the area normally.

While we're "in the area", it looks like there's quite a bit of interesting stuff between Cotra and Dralon. Is there anything I should make a point of leaving alone for now because it will mess up a quest later?

This is kinda related. There are at least two giant camps nearish to Dranlon. One looks like a proper fort with some ogres outside on the mainland east of Dranlon. One is, if I recall correctly, across the strait and underground where the slith mage retreated?

Any harm in trying these guys out? I guess I'm a little paranoid about borking a quest.