Wands worth keeping?

MattC

I'm getting overloaded. I have a tendency to hoard consumables in games like this, but I'm pretty sure the value of wands is only going to decline as the game goes on.

I've decided the fiery wand isn't worth keeping any more. I still have disruption, terror, sparkling, null, inferno wands.

I really haven't experimented much with these. Any suggestions on ones that are good now (I just started Silvar), ones that are good for the whole game?

There is the secret wand, the one that kills anything instantly, and has fifty charges, in a secret tunnel in harickis's place, that has a secret door in it, which has a patch of ground. If you got the radiating shovel from one of fort monastery's random guards, you can dig up the chest that has the wand in it.

You can find the key for the chest at the bottom of the subterranean lake. Just make sure to buy a scuba suit in Almaria, first. They run for 700 gold a pop.

Thanks guys. Sounds like I can sell quite a few of the ones that have been accumulating (and I've not been using anyway).

!Trenton, I got the radiating shovel and dug up the chest, but from something Gargamel said, I'm pretty sure I actually need the Electronic Lockpicks Mark II, not the lake key. But Lord British's Castle doesn't show up on my list of portal destinations yet! Help!

Solberg Will give you the destination code if you steal the ultimate tuna sandwich from the 3rd cobblestone to the left, and 8 up on the south wall in silvar. The stone is loose, so pull it free. Beware, you need 12 strength. Inside is the sandwich wrapped in tinfoil. You can sell the tinfoil, but thats not important. Bring the sandwich to Solberg, and he will feed it to his pet ladybug. He will the give you the destination code. beware, once you take the sandwich, the whole town of silvar will blow up after 30 seconds, so GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE FAST! This will also make you an enemy of Avernum, and will activate a kill node if you enter these towns:

Fort Remote, Fort Emerald