Favorite Creations

Originally Posted By: Trenton
God. Huge outbreak of topics in one day.

Don't worry, the mods have already talked to Demon Blade about it.

Quote:
Anywho, this has been discussed MANY times.

Yeah, but repeats of subjective discussion threads like favorite creations is okay once in a while, since the answers will probably change some.

Dikiyoba hasn't played G2 in a very long time, but if in doubt, Dikiyoba's answer is always the cryoa.

In Delicious Vlish's absence, I vote for the Terror Vlish. That said, I also highly favor the Drayk. I'd find categories of creation more illustrative for polling, broken down on tier of creation as well as separately by type (fire, magic, or battle), as having this many choices makes it difficult and ignores nuanced choice.

Clawbug swarms hold a special place in my heart, and I believe they were also advocated by DV. Something about giant bugs crushing all opposition warms the cockles of my heart.

—Alorael, who's also very much in favor of the rotghroths and rotdhizons. Beating your enemies into a literal puddle never gets old.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: Babster30
Can someone teach me how to quote?
(quote)Like this, but with brackets instead of parentheses. Also, you can click on "Quote" or "Quick Quote" at the bottom of someone's post.(/quote)

Thanks. I never noticed that.

Rotgroth(s) aren't zombies, but are they 'undead' in the true sense of the term ? They can be abominations; old, dead left over body parts of other creations mindlessly patched together with a bucket of acid thrown in, by some mad shaper.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that only with-brain creations can be Charmed (Now, I hope that wasn't Exile/Avernum). Rotgroth can be charmed, so they're alive aren't they ?

Originally Posted By: BMA

Still, I'd always have played as an agent if only there was an option to choose a male graphic. I just find it hard to associate myself with a female character.:(

I felt the same way until I discovered the wonderful world of geneforge script editing,

it's as simple as changing a number in the right file and you can play as anything you want(that exists in the game), although it doesn't really work with things that aren't meant to hold weapons(in my G4/G5 experiences)soo your sprite will change when you equip a weapon(gazer -> golem, drakon -> gazer in G5, i dont know about the rest )

Originally Posted By: BMA
Still, I'd always have played as an agent if only there was an option to choose a male graphic. I just find it hard to associate myself with a female character.:(
So create a male Agent graphic and (at least temporarily) replace the original--unless that graphic is also used in the game for NPCs.

Or, you know, just get over it and either a) play a female character or B) ignore the graphic and play a male Agent.

Dikiyoba wishes that there were separate male and female graphics or unisex graphics for all the classes (in a perfect world there would be all three sets, but graphics are expensive), both to increase opportunities for the player and for storytelling (since Jeff seems to have trouble getting over it too), but alas that's not the case.

• 1 month later...