Romans and Keys....

I'm playing through for the second time, this time as the Romans, and I'm not clear on how to get all the Sylak keys. I've read the walkthru and it seems that the only way to get key 5 is by befriending the selkies...but I intend to kill them.

Is there a way around this problem without my party dishonoring themselves?

I actually don't know if you can even do both quests (as in from Hagfen and the Selkies). And I hate to say it, but that is very dishonourable! However, it's up to you, and as Romans, it doesn't seem as bad to kill magical creatures. With my Roman singleton, I kind of threw the morals in the trash. It's easier to ultra-powergame when you kill all you can, but it's very sad.

Yes, you can. You can get into Hagfen's lower treasure area automatically as the Roman's so you can grab the Selkie pelts, return them, get the key, and then kill the Selkie chief if you wish. You don't have to, but you can, and it's a good idea if you want to get the circle spell scroll down under Hagfen.