GF Wiki: Did anybody know about this?

So, whilst randomly googling things, I came across this: a Geneforge Wiki. I looked through the contributors, but I didn't recognise anybody, so it looks like it's completely independant of us (plus, I don't recall any threads here mentioning it; please, feel free to prove me wrong).

Anyway, it seems interesting, and since we've just got a whole boatload of people from Steam, it seems worthwhile posting this. Maybe we can even help to fill it out?

The wikia wiki has been plugged here before, and looking through the users, a large number of them have posted here, albeit mostly in the Geneforge forum. It is, I believe, the 4th attempt at a Geneforge wiki. Sylae was running one for a while, that reportedly had far more info on it. I don't know if that one is still around.

Umhmm. I don't have the time (, knowledge or inclination) to contribute to it, but I figured that somebody here might.

As for the contributors posting here, I don't often venture down this far (except for the BoA fora), so I probably wouldn't recognise anyone. I just got a little excited at the possibility of a whole community effort outside of the boards. tongue

The bouncing around between different Geneforge wiki projects is regrettable; I know of the one discussed here as being the first of those ventures, though it never really got off the ground. Unlike the Encyclopedia Ermariana, there was never really as cohesive a community built up around Geneforge (no BOG to rally around) so the attempts proliferated with none individually reaching success.

As a community, though, it's not to late to designate this one as the Official Geneforge Wiki and improve it vastly.

Originally Posted By: !TrEnToN, CaPtAiN oF RoYaL GuArD
I am going to restart the game over and over, to study them.

You do realise you can just read the scripts located in the GF folder, right? It'll save you from having to manually find mentions of control tools in the game.

Originally Posted By: !TrEnToN, CaPtAiN oF RoYaL GuArD
Again, thirteen year old game player, not script finder and editor.

Wtf?! we're the same age! *bro ponyfist* But I am an experienced script editor...
I am 13 years old but I don't go too far on programming.
------------
Oh and I knew that website long ago, that's where I read the origins of the Geneforge
------------
Next stop, java .class files decompiling!!!, Nightwatcher

Originally Posted By: MMXPERT
I hate ponies.

Ponies? Four-legged creatures running around rainbows and stuff?
They're too fluffy and cartoony and rainbow-ny. I dislike them.
------------------
Someone needs to add scripting at the wiki...
------------------
-I'm going 14 at July 31, Nightwatcher