A:EftP - No love for polearms?

What's with Smite not having anti-Giant bonuses anymore? I mean, I can understand changing it from a hammer to a spear, since bludgeoning weapons are not in the game anymore, but removing its status as Giantslayer really wrecks its personality.

Although I guess by the time you can obtain Smite, you can probably take on the Giants pretty easily anyways.

I ran though most of the game with two wariors, in a party of 4, holding Bronze Halberds. They're awesome. I feel like Halberds are overpowered, when combined with haste and blessings, and that's why we didn't get legendary ones.

I only upgraded to Steel halberds late in the game because I thought my warriors might be jealous about continued swinging of over-sized pennies while my mage and priest were flinging top-tier spells.

I think I also found a fey or fen? spear somewhere. It was weak though. No match for a standard Halberd.

P.S. (Don't tell Jeff halberds are overpowered he might take pole arms out of his games and replace them with pixy stix, um, walking sticks.)