The Blades of Avernum was definitely the best fit for Nethergate. Porting Nethergate to the newer engines would have taken a prohibitive amount of time. And considering how many people have been begging me, on these forums and over E-mail, to release another game with the Blades of Avernum engine, well, here we are.

- Jeff Vogel

I do want to stress that I see using the Blades of Avernum engine as a selling point, not something to apologize for.

It is no secret that, while Avernum 4 has been our most successful game in years, there are quite a few people that miss the old engine and ask for its return. And a lot of those people never played Nethergate. (I can tell by comparing the sales figures for Nethergate and the Avernum games.)

So if you missed the old engine, here it is again. If you didn't, Nethergate: Resurrection is still a very good game.

My only regret, and it isn't a small one, is that the engine is sort of stuck at 800x600 resolution. I wish I could make it work bigger, but it just doesn't. On the bright side, it can be played in a window.

- Jeff Vogel

Definitely better than I expected. The interface largely works extremely well for the Nethergate scenario, and is cleaner and somewhat easier to use than the original. The new skill system, the thing I expected to dislike the most, seems to work fairly well also.

NR gets my vote for an excellent refurbishment.

What a great game! If I weren't leaving for vacation tomorrow I'd order the CD now - will certainly order it when I return so I'm here for the postal delivery.

I never played the original Nethergate, though I've played Avernum and Geneforge. This game is a blast - I'm glad it was released!

- Joel