A6: best uses of piercing, tinker's crystals?

MattC

Playing Avernum 6 for the first time, enjoying it.

I've accumulated a few piercing crystals and tinker's crystals. I could run all over the world and cheat with quicksaves to figure out the best places to use them, but it's quicker to just ask here.

I have done 2/3 of Meryhew's original quests, also been sent to the portal/portal tower and completed events with Nichols there. The lower left quadrant is fairly well explored.

Any suggestions on what doors and barriers to open? I'm playing with the default party, just with characters renamed, if that makes a difference.

Also, and not looking for detailed spoilers here, but should I have gotten any clues by now on where Treviass is? That's the Meryhew quest I haven't really even scratched yet. I'm assuming I just need to wait, but maybe I missed something.

I would recomend Patricks tower, in the guys workshop with the sentinel, who has two Force Barriers covering a hallway with spell book and his bedroom. And then the other side in the library, there is a spell book that teaches Acid Rain behind another. And then upstairs is a barrier with a very powerful shade behind. If you can defeat the shade, you can learn a good spell.

Welcome to spiderweb software forums, please leave your sanity at the door.

Originally Posted By: MattC

Also, and not looking for detailed spoilers here, but should I have gotten any clues by now on where Treviass is? That's the Meryhew quest I haven't really even scratched yet. I'm assuming I just need to wait, but maybe I missed something.

If you're not looking for spoilers then the short answer is: yes there's a clue (a pretty big one at it) and it will be dead obvious the moment you find the entrance. Just reread your conversation with the chief and the shaman.

Originally Posted By: Trenton
If you can defeat the shade, you can learn a good spell.

LOLOLOL he meant control mind
------------------
If you do want a thousand tinker/dispel barrier crystal, I could suggest using scripts so you wouldn't have to be picky about using them or not. I could even make you one, but you will be the one to confirm it.
------------------
-Assistance, Nightwatcher

Thanks guys. I'll at least try to beat the shade, though I've gotten smushed by the ghost in the mine that the retiring prospector sells you the key to, and gotten stomped by the ghosts that pop out when you do Gladwell's first quest. So I'm not too optimistic, we shall see.

Oh yeah, that retarded retiring prospector once sold me that mine once, I tried to kill the ghosts on the mine. Luckily, there was a nice bug who made this:

Vengeful shades misses 5%

I didn't have the huge amount of dexterity because the editor is still locked. But the sort-of-glitch helped me out...

-----------------

-Grateful, Nightwatcher