Question about wands and scrolls

After mid game it seems since scrolls and wands are not affected by int or other bonuses they do not land very often.

Are wands and such mainly for those who play full melee characters excluding the beneficial affect wands yet still they are not affected by bonuses either even if wielded by a priest.

I been ratpacking wands and scrolls but they seem not be used very often and I find a lot of wands. I am playing on hard and sometimes torment as well.

they're sometimes useful for fighters to get some extra damage in, when your turn ends too far from the enemy to melee it, but close enough to use a wand/scroll on it.

the damage'll be pretty small, but it's still better than ending your turn without doing anything.

edit: oh, yeah. you can also use them before attacking to get 2 attacks in, like, if you have 8 ap (so only one full action), you can use the wand/scroll to attack for like 3 ap, and then do the proper attack and get more damage in.

i also found the group healing scrolls really useful, having my first character use it to heal everyone up so that they don't die from for example acid/poison, and after that he still gets to attack.

and then the other characters and the now healed priest can survive the acid burn and use curing items/spells.

You must use tactically, as a melee fighter that have only 8 AP and is already in the front line could use a wand or scroll and do some decent damage before hitting a monster, and the use of these items doesn't end your turn, so if you have 8 AP, you remain with a total of 3, and can move 2 steps and then attack, or use one of the disciplines and get some more AP...Especially the one that gives 20 AP is good used before an attack like this, so you can use all the bonus.

Another thing to point at is that scrolls and wands have different effects rather than spells...