Geneforge 2 Random Questions

I'm level 17 in a torment G2 playthrough as a Guardian and thought I should start an ongoing thread for any questions I might have.

The stuff I'm wondering at the moment:

1. Is there anything for a Guardian to actually buy in this game? Most low level spells are really cheap and apart from living tools I have yet to see anything worth buying. I currently have 5000+ gold and no where to spend it (at least that I've seen so far). I ask because if there really isn't anything to buy I'd like to just stop lugging everything to stores and back (which can get tedious).

2. What are the recommended spells for a melee Gaurdian to have? I'm not really using creations, so currently I'm just using "heal" and occasionally "Augmentation" (although this one eats up all my mana, so I only use it before super tough fights). I did buy speed just because I think it would be useful, but I can't use it (my blessing magic is at 0 and my total mana is only 31, where as I think speed requires 100 mana to cast). So what level does blessing magic have to be at to cast speed? Also, is it worth wasting points in magic and intelligence to even get speed? Or should I just concentrate on quick action?

Thanks!

Oh, also, is there anyway to speed up movement speed in these games? I just finished playing Avernum (with it's lightning fast movement when you disable animations), so coming back to Geneforge 2 it's a bit startling how slow the characters walk.

It's not game breaking for me or anything, but it'd be cool if the early Genenforge games had some sort of way to disable walk animations and speed things up like the new Avernum does.

You already have all hat Brodus Blade can teach you I guess ? If you're a Barzite you can learn 3 more QA at 2000 each. Apart from that there is only the magic skills teacher in taker lands who will drain your money I think. Not that it would do you that much good without enough energy as you already realized.

Speed needs Blessing Magic 3, it's all in the manual.

Thanks Nim!

Hmm, I haven't tried Brodus Blade. I talked to him but he wouldn't teach me. Do you have to be awakened to have him teach you? I will try again (although I'm not awakened yet, but probably plan on joining them).

But right now I have like 20,000 dollars. I guess I should buy a couple levels of Blessing Magic and Spellcraft so I can maybe cast speed.

I'll see if I can find some trainers.

I never lugged stuff around with my shaper (apart from obvious high-ticket items like crystals and fancy armour), and I had plenty of cash to buy spells and creations.

Money becomes a greater concern in Spiderweb's later games, though by the time it does the inventory system has been made less abhorrent.