A-EftP - Avernum Android?

I read for tablets it is about 55% Apple and 40% Android by now (Or end of 2011). That's global, in Germany and the UK Android probably has the lead by now, in France and the US Apple tends to be stronger. Considering also the steep rise in overall sales over the last year it is safe to assume that there are now about twice as many android tablets than there were iPads one year ago (when SW released Avadon for the iPad).

Also considering the fact that there are basically no other relevant RPGs for Android, I would not be surprised if absolute sales on Android would exceed those on Windows, where there is much more competition.

From what I've read on the subject, the biggest barrier for software developers to android isn't market share it's the fact that there are so many versions of Android on 1500 or so different smart phones being put out. Then the carriers tweak the interface even more before releasing the phone. I read an article a month or so ago where they were interviewing some developers and the basic gist of it was Android counted for about 5% of their sales, and over 90% of their Technical support. One company had even gone as far as to purchase over 700 Android phones in an attempt to make their software as compatible as possible and they were still swamped with technical support problems. iOS has something like 7 devices currently that all run the latest version of the OS. It makes it 1000 times easier to release a less troublesome program.

Please note, this isn't an Android bash. I'm a big fan of Android who just recently switched to iOS simply for the plethoria a games available for it. Before last November I had no intention of switching from Android, but after a patch was released that caused quite a few of my apps to quit functioning I switched in frustration.

At least Android tablets are less in number if compared to smartphones and most of them have the same SoC: nVidia Tegra 2, so it should be a little easier to port.

In addition to this with Ice Cream Sandwich compatibility should be higher.

I'm playing Avadon with my Motorola Xoom (updated to Android 4.0.4 via custom ROM) and it's uber-stable. There are some little lags sometimes when switching from exploration to combat mode or vice-versa, but not a single crash or hang till now.

And remember that the highly successful Kindle Fire is an Android tablet. It gave a huge boost to android tablets sales