A-EftP - Need Help with a couple of things Possible Spoilers

I have level 2 barrier spell but can't pierce the barrier for Draths dungeon. So I can't get the last piece of demonslayer and do X's quest.

Can't find the dragon scroll so I can't get Khoths barrier spell (level 3 for barriers). Have looked in the strategy section and don't understand what the abbreviation CSW means nor where the strange cave is.

I am unable to enter the cave where the basilisk hunt quest is noted on the map. and finally

Can't find the giant in the western caves of Formello.

Sorry if these are dumb questions. Help would be great.

You don't need to do the Dragon scroll quest to be able to get Level 3 dispel barriers. It's in the secret room near the room with the circle of runes on the right.

The giant near Formello is pretty close to the city to the west. From memory it's on the south end of a narrow tunnel. There's nothing there but if you walk over it you'll get a special encounter.

You don't need more than level 1 dispel barrier to get through Drath's Crypt to reach the last part of Demonslayer. Some of the level 3 barriers are just there to annoy you.

Solberg gives the Demonslayer quest.

The Basilisk Hunt quest is along the south wall of the Great Cave where a group of statues are seen.

The Strange Cave requires the Orb of Thranli to cross a chasm south of the Giant Fortress and west of the Freehold of Kyass

CSW means center southwest area of the map.

Thanks for writing back. The level 3 barriers did annoy me and you were right on all counts. I didn't need the 3rd level to finish the Drath crypt but I sure thought I did.

I did get the demonslayer quest from Solberg, not X and now have the working sword.

the Basilisks were not where I was looking. Argh

I assume that I will come across the Orb in the fullness of time cause I sure don't have it now.

Abbreviation appreciated.

Now I have to find the Haakai and have not yet managed that.

Truly enjoying the game though. Occasionally supremely frustrated and am totally addicted.