Avernum 2 + 3 without Creditcard?

Hello Players,

I just finished that absolut fantastic game "Avernum: Escape from the Pit". Now, i m searching the web for the old version of Avernum 2 + 3. Where can i buy this old games without a creditcard? Has anyone hints for me?

Or should i start with Avernum 4 + 5 + 6 ? Is the seceond trilogy a independent story or sets it up on the first trilogy?

greetings from germany

You can email the company and ask for alternate methods of paying. If you weren't in Germany I would suggest sending a check or money order, but you have the currency conversion to consider. I wouldn't recommend sending currency through the mail, although the look on Jeff's face at getting paid in coins.... smile

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. You have encounter the first barrier to retaining your sanity.

Originally Posted By: Jerakeen
Each game is an independent story; you can start anywhere.

That said, there is a progression, so the earliest game you can start and enjoy is probably the best bet. And, if you do end up skipping to 4, 5 or 6, there are plenty of chances in-game to learn about what's happened previously in Avernum, so all you really miss is little background stuff.

As far as paying goes, I know that Spiderweb accept Paypal, so that may be an option - sending a payment, and then emailing with your name, address, and what games you'd like to order.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You can email the company and ask for alternate methods of paying. If you weren't in Germany I would suggest sending a check or money order, but you have the currency conversion to consider. I wouldn't recommend sending currency through the mail, although the look on Jeff's face at getting paid in coins.... smile

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. You have encounter the first barrier to retaining your sanity.

I once sent Jeff cash in USD by registered post in 1998, he had no problem with that. smile

If ppl want to do the right thing, they can.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
ask if its possible to pay via paypal.

As I mentioned previously, Spiderweb totally does let you pay by paypal. From their ordering page:

Quote:

4. To order by Paypal: Send payment to spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com. Then E-mail us at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com telling us you have ordered. Give your name, address, what products you want.