Avernum 6: What Happen to the old Nephilim Castle?

Milla

Anyone who has played the other Avernum games will remember the castle ruins SW of Formello. There is always something to kill there for a quest.

Anyway, I'm doing updating of some of the articles on the Encyclopedia Ermariana and I realised I don't remember what happened to the that place during A6.

Can anyone assist me with this?

Actually I think that particular area matches up rather well. Using the Annotated Maps, if you compare the area between Cotra and Fort Draco for Avernum 1, 2, 4, and 6 you can find the fortress in every game. It lies just to the east of where the Formello/Draco river turns to the north.

Earth Empires, are you talking about the area west of the Horned Gate? In A1 that area was an unfinished Nephil fort called the Goblin Caves, not to be confused with the Nephil Fortress or the Nephar Fort.

I just realized how confusing the dungeon names are in Avernum, there are two Slith Forts, and a Slith Island Fort. Not to mention the Spider Cave, an Aranea Cave, an Aranea City, a Ruined Fort, a Ruined Bandit Lair, a Bandit Lair, a Bandit Fort, a Gremlin Cave and Gremlin's Gold.

Sadly, Avernum 6 isn't any better with its 9 Occupied Land areas, 7 Abyss areas, and 20 Eastern Gallery areas. So it's really not surprising that we mix up locations like this.