A:EftP - Khoth question. (SPOILERS?)

I got a "Dragon Scroll" from an Empire fort. I assume this is the scroll that Khoth wanted back. However, he does not react in conversation to my having it.

I tried placing it on one of the pedestals, but it does not seem to do anything.

Can anyone give me a vague hint on what I'm missing?

Thank you!

> There is a rack with a missing scroll to the south of Khoth that it needs to be place into.

I've done that. Nothing changes.

> There is a rack with a missing scroll to the south of Khoth that it needs to be place into.

He never indicates to do this.

I have been through his conversation tree several times; I am quite certain he does not acknowledge I have it.

When I place the scroll onto the pedestal, it is gone from my special items inventory, yet nothing changes.

Thoughts?

I think, not 100% certain, if you do the right thing (in the quest) but in the wrong order, as long as you go back and fill out the missing steps, then when you get back to the step where you were stuck, the npc will say something like "ah good, I see you've done that already, so here's your reward" or something like that.

It may or may not help, but you can imagine that Khoth's logic is that he doesn't want to owe a human an open-ended favor, so he won't talk to you about it until you want something specific from him. It's not a long trip if you have a boat close by, anyway. If you haven't gotten to the giants' boats yet, it's a bit more work.

• 8 months later...

You have to have

Click to reveal..

spoken to Aydin (or whatever the name is of the mage on the hidden island--brain blanking it at the moment) about getting past the defenses to the Empire teleport platform first. He sends you to Khoth who will then talk to you about the scroll.

the show me button isn't working on either IE or google chrome.

What do you have to have?

The original question was asked nine months ago. I think it was resolved, or at least OP has moved on from it. :D

Obviously, but I had the same question (it's how I found this thread). I would not have resurrected the thread if I was able to view it

spoilers got messed up in the migration to ipb. fixed it

Thank you.