What does luck do?

Read: enough to seem useful, not enough to really warrant putting points into.

The game makes it sound like having Luck will help you during encounters (like Cave Lore can), but this is, sadly, not the case. It really does just give you a tiny little smattering of survivability (which other skills do better).

*sad face*

Luck always sounds so awesome.

Long ago in Exile III there was a blessed necklace found near a bunch of magic immune bugs and I remember every once in a while when combat began a message would come in the log to the effect of "You feel lucky" (or blessed, can't remember as it was 10 years a go) That really made the game memorable.

Heh, I remember figuring that out back in the Exile days. I'd raise luck as high as I could early on and breeze through the game. Sure, things might take longer to kill but who cares? I could walk across an entire lava lake with 0 health and still survive.

Plus, it made for a funny roleplaying scenario in my head: a group that's completely weak and incompetent bumbling through epic adventures, faring way better than they deserve. wink

*trips over stick that somehow flies up and lodges itself into Grah-Hoth's windpipe, killing him*

• 1 month later...

This is totally lame!!

1.) Luck should effect the chance/amount of loot dropped by creatures on death, something like 5% per point. So with 4 members maxing it at 10 points, you'd get 300% random drops and get rich quicker in mid-game selling slith spears. THE PICTURE IS OF A GUY PICKING UP A COIN! FALSE ADVERTISING!

2.) It should have some small offensive boost as well. Not enough to make it nearly as good per point as the attack-related skills, maybe only +1% critical chance per 2-3 points. But it says "everything goes a little better," so that should mean not just "you take a bit less damage" but a *VARIETY* of small miscellaneous boosts.

It is POSSIBLE that luck provides a +1% crit chance -- my testing on that was inconclusive. I don't think anyone cares enough to do the amount of trials we'd need to see the difference.

It is also possible the luck improves accuracy and evasion -- in all SW games for a very long time, it improved both at 2% / pt for all types of attacks. However, this may be different, I'm really not sure.