Where's the manual?

Originally Posted By: Caribou16
I don't have the game in front of me, but I recall there being an in-game guide accessible from the main menu which explains many concepts.

pretty sure he's already aware of the in-game guide chief

On a serious note, is there any particular information you need that isn't covered in the in-game help? Maybe we can help out.

From the manual:

"Here are lists of all of the mage and priest spells in Avernum: Escape From the Pit, along with the minimum skill to cast them and their cost in spell energy.

Many of the spell descriptions refer to your spell strength, which is described in the previous chapter."

The lists seem to have been written in ninja-ink because the next sentence I see is:

"Chapter 11: Tips for Getting Started"

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I just got this game from Steam and was also looking for a pdf of the manual and the link posted above doesn't seem to work any more. It's not a huge deal since the instructions are available in-game, but I just got the hintbook from the Spiderweb store and wanted to put both the manual and hintbook on my Kindle to reference while getting started. If anyone has the manual and is willing to send/upload it or can point me toward a place to download it, I would greatly appreciate it!