A-EftP - Steam version

I was playing the demo I downloaded from this website, and today I decided to purchase my first Spiderweb game. I've purchased the game from Steam because it was nearly 50% cheaper, however, now I get the option to 'install' it again. The thing is it's already installed and I've got a saved game.

Do I have to install it again and then move my saved games? Or is there a way to make steam realise I've already got it installed? The only problem with that I guess would be that I didn't receive any unlock code from steam to unlock my currently installed game.

I believe the Steam version has some differences to allow it to share achievements and such on Steam, and to deal with updates via Steam, and so on. You have to install again. You may then be able to move the old save file to the new location, but I'm not sure (that's beyond the amount of technical knowledge I care to have about a video game).

The game automatically stores saves in your "my documents" folder. So If you started with the non-steam version then got the steam version it should automatically recognize your old saves.

The steam version has cloud too so if you play it on several different computers it will auto-download your saves so you don't have to continually move them.