A-EftP - Grah Hroth ties me up!

I'm in the hard version and am trying to beat Grah Hroth - I've made it to the surface without any cheats. I can't beat him - he ties up all my guys and then his guys run around beating them to death. This is on the bright red creatures. (Are they the last ones?)

I had to do the surface thing twice because I didn't go out the door - the second time there were monsters in that dark room, the gauntlet, again. The thing is I used up a few potions there.

But it doesn't matter how many potions I have or what weapons/spells I have (even from Erika) I can't do anything if I'm all tied up or in that corner.

Can I get Grah without cheats? My characters are approaching level 36. I have two strong melee guys and the priest and sage. Would changing the cloaks do it?

I don't know where to go to get higher levels. (I already killed off the Kyass town.) Besides - would I still run into the same problem with Grah tying me up?

Should I go try the Emperor - I've got the directions from Erika.

Grah-Hoth has a reasonable case for being the toughest fight in the game. Still, level 36 is high enough that you should be able to take him on.

Have your fighters charge forward and keep Grah-Hoth occupied while your spellcasters focus on using area-effect spells to blast the demons and undead that he summons. If you've got invulnerability potions left, use 'em once he's summoned too many allies for you to handle.

Yup - I got to the button and moved all my guys into the hallway - then into the next room around the lava with the Mage in the room after that. Fought Groh and a couple of his helpers, staying out of sight of the hallway in case more were coming and saw me (2 or 3 did). I left the building, got congratulated, saved and went back for the goodies.

I don't know if I would have done that on my own :-( I tried dispelling the barriers and opening chests while in battle and couldn't do it. I don't think I'd ever pushed a switch while in battle - probably didn't think that would work either.

Thanks - on to pay a little visit to Hawthorne.

Famous and possibly last words: Don't be afraid of the hard level but it takes some work.