A-EftP - Empty treasure chests behind magical barriers

Is this... is this a bug? I've opened two magic barriers in the game, went to loot the chest behind the barrier, and bang, nothing there.

The last one was in Fort Avernum, the barrier in the left storage room. Is that supposed to be empty? Because... that'd be kinda harsh.

This is the second damn bug I've encountered and had to restart. That's a few too many hours wasted to continue this game... Never had any issue with Jeff's games before, pretty disappointing.

edit: on the other hand, used a purge crystal on the barrier in the Spiral Pit and there's still treasure in it. So I don't know. My junk bag has filled up with twenty thousand "unused" sword icons twice, so I may still put down the game.

Originally Posted By: Jukai
This is the second damn bug I've encountered and had to restart. That's a few too many hours wasted to continue this game... Never had any issue with Jeff's games before, pretty disappointing.

edit: on the other hand, used a purge crystal on the barrier in the Spiral Pit and there's still treasure in it. So I don't know. My junk bag has filled up with twenty thousand "unused" sword icons twice, so I may still put down the game.
I dunno if this engine works even remotely like the Geneforge ones but I had savegame corruptions only affecting containers in already visited areas (was in G2). So you might have gotten lucky ? Play at least a bit further and look where things are missing.