A-EftP - Nepharim Prisoners Quest bugged?

The mayor of Cotra gave me a quest called Nepharim Prisoners. I've located the prisoner in the Nepharim Fort. Just outside where they're held, I clicked on a cabinet that among other things contained a bronze key. The text said I took the key. However, when I try to release the prisoners, the door doesn't open (Difficulty 5). Is the quest bugged, or is there some other key somewhere that I missed?

Thanks

If anyone's stuck on this, its possible to get in there without fighting the boss man (who kills my two melees in one turn with his aoe at level 9/10).

Just open the door, enter combat mode, and you can go into the prisoners room and break sight. Then just keep using that char to open the door to the prisoners, quest complete. You just cant get into combat beforehand.

Or you can, you know, just use the secret passage in the back that leads right into the prisoner's cell and escape without even drawing your weapon. When you enter the area for the neph prisoner quest go to the right instead of inside the front gate. You will notice a secret passage over there that leads around the fort. A few rats in there and a guy to talk to. This leads around to the fort's back gate which is undefended, then you go to the right and you will see a switch on the wall. Hit it and it opens a hole in the wall and there you have your prisoners. Don't forget to grab the guy hiding in the corner on your way back out.

Originally Posted By: Kinsume
Or you can, you know, just use the secret passage in the back that leads right into the prisoner's cell and escape without even drawing your weapon. When you enter the area for the neph prisoner quest go to the right instead of inside the front gate. You will notice a secret passage over there that leads around the fort. A few rats in there and a guy to talk to. This leads around to the fort's back gate which is undefended, then you go to the right and you will see a switch on the wall. Hit it and it opens a hole in the wall and there you have your prisoners. Don't forget to grab the guy hiding in the corner on your way back out.

Haha, wow. I was wondering what the guy was talking about...I could somehow never see that switch next to the bones. I ended up taking about an hour to fight that room down to the boss, fighting one enemy in the doorway, having one PC escape, ressurrect, repeat.

I'm usually completely anal about hidden passages too...I kind of wish they were kept as normal walls to walk into rather than "obvious" switches. I guess that's just nostalgia though...would probably drive me crazy today.

It's on the southeast wall of the central building. When you enter from the back gate, head to the bottom right. When you turn the corner, the button will be right in front of you.

There is another switch in a small recessed area along the passage between the rats and the prisoner in the corner. But that just brings you to a room of about 5 enemies.