Is it worth holding onto items to sell them later for more gold?

So far in my Torment playthough I'm about to hit level 6, i've gotten by with all of the weapons/armor I've found/stolen thus far. Haven't had to buy anything from the shop as of yet. The huge money sink early on is spells, you have to make sure you only get and up the ones you will be using quite often. In terms of potions and such, just save all the food/potions/scrolls you find and you'll be fine.

Not sure what the lovely crystals and such are used for just yet but I save those as well. Otherwise just look under the strategy section and it tells you what items to save for the quests in the game.

Originally Posted By: Kreador
Really depends on the items you're looking at selling and how desperate you are. The difference between 5 coins and 7 coins isn't much, but the difference between 500 coins and 700 coins can mean a lot.

It also depends on how many of an item you're selling, a few coins per item starts to add up when you're selling dozens of them.
With the addition of the junk bag I don't see any reason not to hold onto as much stuff as possible until you get the Negotiator trait. Just sell stuff as and when you need to to cover your costs.

Given that you can buy points in stats and spells with money, Negotiator is by far the most powerful Trait in the game. Your party should have 4 copies of it.

You do NOT need money early on. The only critical early buys are spells, and you can get the most essential ones with the cash you find in the game. I would save all your goods until you have 4 Negotiators, personally. The extra cash makes a massive difference in bonus skill points by the end of the game.