A-EftP - First Impressions Review

Hello there, long time fan of spiderweb games. Played them since the first Exile! I just bought the most recent Avernum and wanted to give a review.

So for anyone wanting a review of the game you can check out my video on youtube.

I'll be getting further into the game to show more gameplay so look around for it.

Feel free to leave your thoughts about the game or the review below!

Originally Posted By: Kinsume
It wasn't too bad. You have a good voice for commentating but you use alot of um's and such which kind of ruin it tongue

Yeah I'm still working on eliminating those pesky 'uhms' and 'errs', it is difficult sometimes because I don't use a script and I want to make sure I'm saying something at least 80% of the time. I also record it while I'm playing as opposed to shooting it, and commentating over it.

Yeah that is the best way to do it often times, as people who commentate over something that's already been played/recorded often make it extremely obvious they are doing so. If you're looking for things to add as a filler while not explaining a specific thing taking place in the game, tieing the game to others like it that you've played tends to work.

For example if you are in the middle of combat and using spells, comparing the spells and effects they have here to those in other games works pretty well as fillers.

If you can't figure out something meaningful to say, humor typically works well. If you're looking to pull in a crowd then that will want to be your main focus. Analyzing a game is all good and fun, but if you don't have humor or something unique about what you do it'll just get lost in the thousands of other commentary videos.