A-EftP - demo

Originally Posted By: Mike B.
Looks like the Windows demo is up. But, you have to go to the web link to find it. I downloaded a few hours ago.

-Mike

Yes. Most people like to wait for Spidweb to release an official announcement, once the download links have been verified, and so on. That said, it's downloadable now if you know where to look.

That's not a bad question. With the new registration system, you can probably register now. Add a note that it's for Windows, if it matters, but I don't think it should.

—Alorael, who considers this more of an advantage for Windows buyers who are sure and want to beat the rush. And hey, if you hate your purchase and wish you could take it back, you can! But if you're that sure, you probably won't.

And I haven't even managed to find a download link. Where did you download it from ? Its not on the Spiderweb website, not on steam, and hasn't been announced either here or in Facebook. And I had been googling it every 15 minutes for the past three hours.

Boo hoo. frown Somebody help.

1. Click on the link to download the mac version.

2. It should take you to a page where the download begins automatically. You can cancel that download since you don't actually want the Mac version, but stay on that page.

3. Right-click the "click here" link on that page, which will give you the direct file download for the Mac version. Copy the link location.

4. Paste that link into your browser, but change the file extension to .exe.

5. Enjoy the demo!

Hey, thanks a lot. laugh

I thought you were pulling my leg at first, but I got the download. If SW had already uploaded the setup file, why didn't they mention it? Anyway, I felt really smart nicking it out of Spiderweb's servers (hehehehehe).

Thanks again, and I look forward to enjoying the game.

I don't know. Pretty sure the same thing happened with the Avadon release too, and from what I read on the forums, that wasn't the first time. Whether or not Jeff does it that way as a little bonus to eager fans who know where to look, or if it's just a security oversight that he doesn't feel is particularly high priority to fix, I've never seen official word either way on it. I doubt he's terribly stressed out that people are downloading and buying his game a few hours early.

Based on how it went for Avadon, I fully expect the official link will be up in a few hours anyway.