hype like it's 2009

tridash

Scenario hype threads seem to have become almost extinct (probably because they don't actually help you finish scenarios..) so I thought I'd make one anyway.

It's going to be some kind of Incorruptible 2 (and I'm hoping I come up with a better name than that in the end). Seeing as I've already had a jungle scenario I thought it was probably time to do a snow one.

Probably going to be a little larger than Incorruptible towns wise (and maybe longer?); will have some fairly staged fights; rock climbing; and hopefully some acceptable graphics stolen from various sources.

here's a very early look at it

Click to reveal..
snowy1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
Looks great! Why does your dude look like he's in the wall though?

He's climbing it tongue

Currently rock climbing is using a load of special rects and some height/terrain changes. In later towns you'll have a grapple/rope that you can throw up from particular squares (maybe with a particular floor / top of cliff terrain so you know you can throw it up).

As you haven't got the grapple/rope at the point of the screenshot, you can only climb on the slightly darker cliffs...is it clear which ones are climbable or should I find a better way to indicate that?