A4 - slow down in citys

bushmins

Is there anything i can do about this? It seems to be connect with the random chatter that appears above npcs as you walk about. Also happens when your attack damage is displayed after you hit something.

I googled the problem and read about it but have not come up with any solutions.

Its a win 7 up to date machine... quad core 6790ati etc... There are a few topics on this subject already, also something on this subject on the tech info here

http://www.avernum.com/avernum4/techsupp.html

It suggests running A4 before anything else starts running on the pc. Nothing seems to work, ive played with graphics setting on the desktop and shut down all other program i can.

Only lags when writing is displayed on screen, i.e. hitting things and when people talk.

It didnt really bother me until i got to Fort Draco, where everyone is idly chatting. Really bad slow down.

I was hoping someone had found a work around. Probably somthing to do with open gl, sadly win 7 doesnt let you disable it.

That would be great. I wouldnt miss the idle chatter in towns, although sometimes it points out quest giving npc's...

I would miss the floaty numbers that show how much you hit for, i can live with that slow down.

Maybe its got something to do with the font? Just stabbing at the dark.

Im definatally 100% positive that its the floaty things that cause the slow downs.

It doesnt happen while playing A5 or A6 (demo) or Avadon.

This maybe a long shot...

I bought my copy of A4 from bigfish games.

If i was to download A4 from the spiderweb site is there any way of getting the unlock code from my A4 files and use it on the spiderweb version?

I know its a long shot at getting this working, but with all the hastle i had of getting the bigfish download manager/installer to work it may be the cause of my upset.

Just tried the demo download from spiderweb and it doesnt have the same problem. Ill try contacting them. smile

Actually, SW are pretty good at stuff like this. Emailing them with your proof of purchase (receipt/credit card number/address etc.) will almost certainly get you the unlock code for your game.

Just remember to include the registration code along with all that to get your unlock code.