A-EftP - Some Sort of Subtile Hint?

Ok, I have encountered some gold bricks (switches) that tell me I think something is there, but I can't figure out how to work it. The areas were subject to entry through another switch not too far away. At this point I have 10 pts cave lore (Arguably one of the switches was out of doors), 9 points of the lockpicking key symboled skill, & some mages with IQs of 20 points at this stage in development indicating at least They should be able to figure out the Theory of Relativity at least.

So: does this response mean: A. get more IQ B. get more lock pick skill (or cavelore if outside) or C. This is a subtile hint that you don't open this area the first time via this switch, but through another point of entry?

Vexed & Mildly curious

Keet

Cave lore and intelligence doesn't do anything for switches. Cave lore does open a few secret doors outside, but the only one is near Athron's Lair and there is another route.

Some switches need tool use, but very few need more than 9 and the maximum is 13. Some switches are placed to open a door from either side so once it's opened, then using the other switch won't do anything. The best examples are the lower level of the Nephilim Castle west of Formello and the tunnel to enter/exit Bargha into the Giant Lands.