A-EftP - Doomguard?

In Aydin place there's a desk with a note: "The ability of the Doomguard to divide itself makes it a unique lethal foe. We hope one day to find a spell to counteract this effect, but have had no luck so far."

I don't think I met any Doomguard so far. Is this note a foretaste about next Avernum game?

Ah. Yes. doomguards. What Monster used to say:

Quote:
"You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss."

-Monster (my former master)

It can't hit you with missile weapons. But it is very time-consuming if you just keep shooting missiles on it. If Avernum escape from the pits were available on windows, I'll try to lower it's resistances...

I think the Doomguard was in Exile 2, not Exile 1. It was in the location you describe, which is on the route to the Portal Fortress in Exile 2. I'm pretty sure that Exile 1 did not have any splitting enemies. Exile 2 introduced them, including the Doomguard and one of the cave slimes.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
I think the Doomguard was in Exile 2, not Exile 1. It was in the location you describe, which is on the route to the Portal Fortress in Exile 2. I'm pretty sure that Exile 1 did not have any splitting enemies. Exile 2 introduced them, including the Doomguard and one of the cave slimes.

Possibly. That would make sense; I knew I remembered the location, but it looks like I forgot that that location appeared in two games!

My brother had finished all Avernum games except for BoA and Avernum Escape from the pits. I also watch him while he finishes AV3. When he went to the guarded tunnel, I can't remember any doomguards (or maybe I wasn't watching him that time), all I can remember is somwthing invisible. But I'm pretty sure there is one....