What are the titles for these forums?

adc.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Lady J is long, long gone and no longer a mod.

We've had several female moderators over the years, but currently the only active one is Lilith. And on the non-binary front, there's me. Hi.

Dikiyoba wouldn't rely on PDNs too much to figure out people's gender. They can be misleading.

For instance, I am not actually a lizard.

Originally Posted By: In Half Now
Saunders.

Also, the last election was apparently in 2005. I dugged through a bunch of old folders on my computer and found the pic I made of a 'votecard'. (which were not really used. It was a joke.

i remember you posting that. you seemed legit upset about Mod Election Drama. i felt a little bad about it

You must excuse my bringing this up again (and it's not like I always harp on history), but I've been really fascinated with the Terror's Martyr. Can't get him out of my head. Pity he was before my time, and I couldn't meet him.

I just searched him up, and it turns out that the very first result that Google can give me is Terror's Martyr University, which is related to BoE/A. He must have been a very interesting fellow indeed, if he was banned multiple times. I was thinking, what if he pops back in again, or what if an existing member suddenly declares himself to be TM ("Hi everyone, I'm the old TM you know, and I must say, it's really very nice to be back on these boards" ?) Would he recieve a grand welcome from everyone who knew him, or be immediately thrown out ?

I'm not sure where you're getting that information from, Master1, but it's not quite accurate: there is really nothing special about TM's ban at this point. He would not be treated differently from most other banned members.

I can tell you, as someone who still talks to him occasionally, that he has pretty much moved on in his life and has little if any interest in the boards anymore.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba

Mods should be able to edit their own custom titles on the edit profile page. If you don't have that option, then something is wrong and very weird.

It tells me only admins can edit mod profiles.

I'm tempted to do it in sql but I don't want to accidentally destroy the database.

@Slarty (Slartucker?)

I just saw you've got a whole lot of comics based on some members here, and TM figures nicely in many of them !!! In fact, I didn't know you were of such a jovial type; you always seemed to be very serious and all!!! As for the comics, they are really very good and it's nice to see the mods all cartooned-up (why have you stopped ?). In fact, after seeing those comics I'm not afraid of any mod any longer!!! laugh

I also found Slarty vs Desk to be a bit of a disconnect, but people are often more serious in a professional capacity than informally. I certainly encourage you to retain some fear of the mods. Perhaps reading Dikiyoba's stories would help with that (bot armies and GIFTRs and resurrection machines are not to be taken lightly).

It's because Slarty vs. Desk was written six years ago (exactly to the day, in one comic's case) back when he was a newbie and not a mod. (In fact, Alorael is the only current mod who was actually a mod back then, and about half of the posters caricatured were newbies themselves.) People can change a lot in six years.

Dikiyoba.

I was certainly a newbie once, but I think that time was well before I made the strip.

As Drakey states in one strip, Arancaytar was a mod at the time. (A "bacon boi poser model mod" at that.) Keladon and Khoth were also mods, although they don't appear in the strip.

A lot of those jokes are not very timely any more. I remember thinking that the Poser jokes in particular were uproarious in the context of the A4 Poser model debate. But we really did have a vibrant community for a couple of months there.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
You need to use the regular Edit Profile page on UBB itself, *not* on the Control Panel. I just saw your queries, I'd be careful with those.
Ooh, I've been wondering about that for some time now but never thought it worth actually asking.

Originally Posted By: Slarty
I was certainly a newbie once, but I think that time was well before I made the strip.

Yeah, I guess Tyranicus and I were the only real newbies at the time. The rest of you just seemed like exciting newbies instead of stuffy oldbies. tongue

Quote:
As Drakey states in one strip, Arancaytar was a mod at the time.

*checks*

Huh. Arancaytar really did ascend at the same time as the final few comic strips. Dikiyoba remembered Arancaytar being appointed later on.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Yeah, that was the era when we had group AIM chats, both spontaneous and planned multiple times each week.

Hey, yeah, I attended one of those! We should have another sometime.

I vaguely remember that. I also attended one probably 7 or 8 years ago.

Originally Posted By: BMA
=I was thinking, what if he pops back in again, or what if an existing member suddenly declares himself to be TM ("Hi everyone, I'm the old TM you know, and I must say, it's really very nice to be back on these boards" ?)

The thought of TM returning in such a way makes me laugh. I cannot readily envisage any of the current members being TM, nor can I see him saying something like that if he did return.

There is life beyond Spiderweb; even the most persistent people who have been banned have eventually left for good. TM communicated by proxy for a little while on roleplaying threads. Emperor Tullegolar returned for a while with a different account (and made enough allusions to being a former member that it was an open secret) and hasn't been seen since. Even Commander Ed stopped being a nuisance after getting thrown out a few times.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
...returned for a while with a different account (and made enough allusions to being a former member that it was an open secret)...

You know, the past doesn't always need to get dragged up, but if it's going to get dragged up, let's at least speak about it accurately, and not give new members the wrong idea.

If you're banned, you can't just come back with a different account: that one will simply be banned as well. If you make your identity an open secret, that will only hasten your re-banning.

(If you are banned and you do want to come back before the ban is lifted, your best recourse is to talk to *i and explain why you want to return.)