A-EftP - Way too simple 2nd time

Im of the opinion that avernum was actually not too hard at all compared to the previous titles in the series. I played the game the 1st time i beat it on norm and it was tough hitting things for a while, but later not so much. Now my 2nd time around, i might go with difficulty on hard. Is it just me or are the enemies way too easy to damage for fighters on normal. Most of my fighters 1shot kill most enemies and even the bosses were too easy on normal compared to avadon.

I might just set my 2nd time on hard. Have many other of you guys found the difficulty to be lacking compared to jeff's other avernum games?

Originally Posted By: Jerakeen
I think the consensus is that it's more difficult at the start and less so later on. Personally, I did find it too easy towards the end.
I'm trying my first Torment run now, skipping past Hard. It's slow going, but I think I'm past the worst part.

The last battles of the "save Avernum" and "wreak revenge on the surface" ending paths do get kind of hard again on Torment, just because of the sheer amount of damage you'll end up taking each round. Of course, there's always invulnerability potions.

I think my mind is set, im trying the whole game on hard. While torment is possible i dont have the patience. The problem with norm is that melee does so much damage to regular guys that you dont know which ones to beat up the most and which ones to leave for mages/priests. With avadon, even on norm, you WONT one shot anything even close to a mini boss.

Is hard in this game actually hard on hard difficulty? I just finished with Kingdoms of Amalur, and I found hard difficulty really easy (probably a normal on most games). Im also the type of guys who likes a challenge when playing games (whether electronic or table top), and I was able to beat Avadon on hard no problem. So would you recommend skipping normal difficulty?

Originally Posted By: Death Knight
I think my mind is set, im trying the whole game on hard. While torment is possible i dont have the patience. The problem with norm is that melee does so much damage to regular guys that you dont know which ones to beat up the most and which ones to leave for mages/priests. With avadon, even on norm, you WONT one shot anything even close to a mini boss.

On Hard and Torment it is sometimes the case you weak opponents with melee when they are a bunch and finish them with wide range magic. It's often better not to insist with a single melee on a single opponent but to hit him once and strike the one(s) close as well as a preparation.