There was a discussion a while back about background music, if someone would care to search for it and provide a link. The general consensus was that a less-than-excellent score will hurt more than it will help, and Jeff doesn't have the budget to do an excellent score. I suspect that video cut-scenes probably fall into the same category of value.

Why didn't Geneforge 5 have better title music ? Even the older NethergateR has wonderful music playing in the main menu.

As for background music, I'm sure Geneforge has had them from the start; lots of servile chatter. Whichever servile-town you go to, you hear the serviles saying "Ah ka ? ka ka vo ka ka...".I remember wondering what language that was.

Yeah, but the sound has to fit into the game's theme and atmosphere, or it'll be a bit awkward otherwise.

Maybe music can put up for the games as a kind of add-on or something? So it doesn't increase the setup size, and also people can download whichever music they want separately.