Geneforge 1 - removing broken quests?

Hi all,

Great forum - long-time reader, first-time poster. So I've decided to revisit the Geneforge series, starting with G1, and have managed to "break" a couple quests in my active quest list. Specifically, I accidentally massacred every Awakened servile on the island, and am now left with the "Find Arth" quest in my journal, which I can no longer complete. I actually talked to Arth about Coale, but then killed Coale. Brilliant, I know.

Anyway, since I'm OCD, does anyone know how I can "cheat" to get rid of this quest (and other quests I can't complete) from my list? I've seen codes using the SDF ("stuff done flag") trick elsewhere on the forum, but have no idea whether one of these codes would help here, and wasn't able to dig up more from a forum search. So, any help from you fine folks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

To remove quests from the list you need to insert code into a zone script to toggle the removal of the quest. This can't be done by using a SDF in the game editor box.

For Geneforge 1 you need to go into the Geneforge Files folder to look in the Scripts folder for the .dlg file for the town where you got the quest. There will be code where the quest is toggled to show completed and the reward for doing it.

Someone else can explain better how to insert that code into script to add it to a sign post so you can click on the sign post to remove the quest.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You will be tested by the fluffy turtles and they are hungry.