Help with the Shadow Road Rouges Quest[G5]

Okay. This one has been frustrating me for quite a while. Here goes.

My character is a Sorceress. Since in previous games I joined the rebel faction, I decided to join Alwan's faction this time, just to see what I was missing.

Everything's going great so far, except I can't seem to complete this one quest - and I need to complete it to proceed.

Quest Description:

General Alwan of Perikalia wants you to help him fight for the Shapers. To convince the Council to support him wholly, he needs to discredit Councillor Astoria.

Return to the Mera-Tev and find your way into the Shadow Road. Alwan believes that there is a hidden Drakon complex somewhere within. Infiltrate it, violently if necessary, and discover what they are making there.

What I've done:

I'm assuming that the hidden area is Gorash-Kel. I've taken out all the enemies (the Unbound and their cronies), but nothing is happening. If I go back to confirm the quest, I haven't completed it.

Did I do something wrong? Is there something that I need to pick up? Help, please!

The hidden Drakon complex is a zone accessible from the middle of the Shadow Road in the southwest. You need to do lots of fighting or have high leadership and/or mechanics to get through one end of the Shadow Road to reach the middle. The good news is there are some troops there that can assist you to fight your way through the worst of the hidden lab.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. All inconsistencies are caused by applying sane logic. smile

Penta's requires mechanics and leadership to access, or you can just complete Learned Dominic's two quests (I think that's his name? It's been a while). For Kaz you can either sneak in, or fight your way through if you don't mind making the town hostile. The Kaz route takes you through a large pylon field, so mechanics are a must. The Penta route take you through a more traditional dungeon full of mid-high level enemies, most of which can be pacified if you have a passage stone equipped (you can get one from a storeroom near the Penta entrance to the Shadow Road, or from a dead body in the pylons near the Kaz entrance). Both take you to the middle Shadow Road, which allows you to access the Secret Laboratory.