Quitting smoking can be hazardous to your health *sarcasm*

Randomizer

For those who missed it. A Florida man trying to quit smoking using an electric cigarette had the battery explode causing him to lose some teeth, part of his tongue, and burn his face. It's believed that the lithium rechargeable battery exploded.

No reports from the tobacco industry citing the safety of their products compared to electronic ones. smile

As ways to quit smoking, electronic cigarettes might be great. As ways to stop using cancer-causing, addictive, tobacco-based products, they're an obvious non-starter.

—Alorael, who finds the article more interesting for it's blasé violation of privacy. It's not at all clear that the unfortunate smoker was being particularly intending to stay private, but he was outed in short order by Facebook.

Originally Posted By: Headologize This!

—Alorael, who finds the article more interesting for it's blasé violation of privacy. It's not at all clear that the unfortunate smoker was being particularly intending to stay private, but he was outed in short order by Facebook.

Modern journalists seem to be under the impression that invasion of privacy is their job, whether it's relevant to the story our not. But we already had a thread on the media.

It's almost as bad as finding out Google has been bypassing Apple's security feature in Safari to trick the browser into thinking the user had authorized a cookie. Since Apple had set default to be no, this was a way to get past it without users knowing that they were being tracked.

OkayIadmititsomeguybroughtinanaerosolcanfilledwithcaffeineandwaspassingitaroundtoeverybodyItriedsomebutIswearIdidntinhale.

Click to reveal.. (translation)
Okay, I admit it. Some guy brought in an aerosol can filled with caffeine and was passing it around to everybody. I tried some, but I swear I didn't inhale.
tongue