A-EftP - Arcane Cloak pool

So I found this nifty pool on the other side of the river from Formello that gives me Arcane Cloak for as long as I stay out of towns. I used that to wipe out three and a half Slith forts before I ran out of spell energy.

I was pretty sure that would only work once, but I went back to the pool to check it out and aha! It gave the cloak again! Now I find that the little chapel in the Castle will give you Ward of Elements.

So, a question: is there a limit to how many times you can get these temporary goodies? Or are they just available if you're willing to travel to get them?

Thanks!

(Gad, I'm enjoying this game! This is one of Jeff's best!)

The emerald is certainly convenient and limitless. But there is one use for the pool near Formello. If you really need both the Cloak of the Arcane and the Ward of Elements and you don't have the spells and don't want to use scrolls you can get the Ward in the Castle and take a boat to go to the pool near Formello without entering any towns or forts. It is tedious, but I used it for the Spectral Commander once when I was low on consumables.

Originally Posted By: darint
The emerald is certainly convenient and limitless. But there is one use for the pool near Formello. If you really need both the Cloak of the Arcane and the Ward of Elements and you don't have the spells and don't want to use scrolls you can get the Ward in the Castle and take a boat to go to the pool near Formello without entering any towns or forts. It is tedious, but I used it for the Spectral Commander once when I was low on consumables.

An easier way to get both is in the Shattered Fort or whatever it's called west of the Tower of Magi. There's an altar there near the entrance that gives Cloak of the Arcane and Ward of Elements together.