A-EftP - How do I get the Silver Circlet?

Somehow I found out, that

Click to reveal..
Meena
has got the silver circlet – might accidentally have been in the forum, I'm not sure –, but somehow I don't seem to be able to pick a fight with her. Despite her tough behaviour. Unfortunately it also seems impossible to just steal it. The doors in her back are depicted as "too complicated to be picked". I wonder where I missed a code-word or key or person to talk to…

You can pick a fight with her if you have first gathered the information about bandits near Fort Saffron, but you don't actually need to fight her to get to the circlet. There's another way, but to get all of the information you need without fighting her you have to be a member of Scimitar first. Then you get to talk to a series of people to gather the information necessary (and have a few fights).

You don't need to join the Scimitar first if you don't mind going a couple of rounds in the arena.

First you have to talk to Entwhistle, behind the secret door in the smithy. Ask him what there is to steal, and he'll direct you to Scab, who you'll find in the audience part of the arena. He'll direct you from there.

Originally Posted By: Jerakeen
You don't need to join the Scimitar first if you don't mind going a couple of rounds in the arena.

First you have to talk to Entwhistle, behind the secret door in the smithy. Ask him what there is to steal, and he'll direct you to Scab, who you'll find in the audience part of the arena. He'll direct you from there.

I didn't remember Entwhistle saying anything about Scab. I thought it was only the Scimitar agent who mentioned him.

And I believe I reveal no secret if I say you even don't need the Circlet and the other requested object to pass over Sulfras. You can simply go there and kill her, it's for sure a hard fight but when she dies the gate opens. The quests for the objects you can always do, only difference is they will never disappear from your Quest Log. However you may like to bring the objects to Sulfras and kill her just after she grants you the right of passage. AEFTP is a masterpiece also because of the choices you are allowed to.

Yes, I've thought about just killing her. I think my party is also ready to win against her, but I desided for a more cautious approach. Furthermore I like to fulfill quests. Usually I save before giving important items away, talking to important people or doing boss-fights. So I can still switch to a different outcome if I don't like the effects. (Although sometimes I don't like any outcome smirk )

Sulfras is doomed anyway.

There are 6 drakes, actually. I can't stand Sulfras greed and this is a first reason to kill. Then there's the battle itself that is exciting.

It is also a question of drakes different behavior; I presume I didn't engage Athron because the drake was useful in terms of facts and didn't ask any payback for its help. Khoth is maybe slightly irritating but loves scrolls and books, then he's also on the right side. From Motrax you steal his treasure, what more? And the miserable old drake in the cave is kind and asks only for food.

Originally Posted By: Thoukydides
You forgot Pythras. Though I'm not sure if she counts. Is Valley of Dying Things considered canon?

Hmm. I think it is. Anyway, I looked through the scripts for VoDT, and found this:

Originally Posted By: 'o11 Southern V'
When you get close, a huge reptilian head rises out of the nest. It's a drake, a full forty feet from head to tail, and it's staring right at you!

Jeff pretty clearly skirts using the word "dragon" here, so I'm inclined to say that this isn't a dragon like Khoth et al. On the other hand, it is bloody huge.

Also, it's name is Zorvas, assuming we're talking about the same thing?

By the way…

Has anyone succeeded in feeding enough meat to the old drake (who isn't a dragon)?

I never have enough. Also he is not eating my meat, poor sod. Seems to be very short-sighted or something. My backpack is still full of meat afterwards. Would have been a nice little gimmick to let all meat really be eaten after the encounter.

Where is the fun in it after all?

Originally Posted By: Tcheedchee
By the way…
Has anyone succeeded in feeding enough meat to the old drake (who isn't a dragon)?
I never have enough. Also he is not eating my meat, poor sod. Seems to be very short-sighted or something. My backpack is still full of meat afterwards. Would have been a nice little gimmick to let all meat really be eaten after the encounter.

You need three pieces of meat, and they have to be the fresh kind (the one that looks like a ham bone), not dried meat.

By the way…

I had about 10 of those icky looking 'fresh' meat green arms. He took them and was pleased.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
By the way…

You need three pieces of meat, and they have to be the fresh kind (the one that looks like a ham bone), not dried meat.

Actually three isn't enough. I had five. Didn't suffice. He didn't even touch them! I think you tried to pull my leg, the both of you. Well you succeeded. Happy Carnival!

Originally Posted By: Lilith
By the way…

Actually three isn't enough. I had five. Didn't suffice. He didn't even touch them! I think you tried to pull my leg, the both of you. Well you succeeded. Happy Carnival!

I'm sure three of them worked for me ... I swear I'm not trying to pull your leg!! smile

• 1 month later...

What's up with the silver circlet quest? I replay the game on singleton now, not having any difficulties the first time. But now I just can't open the chest with the circlet although I already have talked to Asp in Cotra who told me the word to unharm the magical trap. But it just doesn't open.

(I have also been to sulfrass and cleared all arena fights including the champions.) Restarting the game did not help ether. I know that I do not need the circlet to pass sulfras but I just want to finish all quests.

Any ideas?