A-EftP - Nephilim Problem quest- oops, got ahead of myself

Hey folks,

I may have killed my target bad guy (the shaman in the NW corner) in the Goblin Caves before getting the quest. Unfortunately, Captain Johnson in Fort Duvno is not impressed with my go-getter attitude, and the quest remains stubbornly on my list, not done.

Is there an SDF I can set to fix this, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

I checked before, and several times thereafter, but for kicks, I'll do it again.

...No luck. Nothing but the "tell me about the fort" and "how can I assist you?" options, the latter of which has the "tell me about" options for the bandits and nephilim as well as the "but you have all these soldiers" option. Nothing else.

No worries. I knew SDFs existed and had used them once or twice to fix problems in an older Geneforge game, but not since.

Okay, so I unkilled the shaman leader and checked the dungeon. For those interested, changing the SDF flag does not respawn the person to be slaughtered. Rekilled him with code, and went to check. No dice.

Unkilled him again, unquested myself, re-quested via Johnson, code-killed him, and checked with Johnson. Quest complete, problem solved.

Thanks for your help, Jerakeen!

A sidenote for his Jeffness, if he reads this. There's a respawned non-hostile nephilim in my shaman lair at the Goblin Caves now. I suspect he's a respawn of one of the shaman's group. He doesn't move or go hostile. It's a little odd. Nothing game-breaking, though.