Geneforge for IOS

Hello there!

I recently bought an iPad and was delighted to find that Avadon was available on the app store. Being the ONLY Spidweb game I haven't played I immediately bought it. I am absolutely loving the game but it got me thinking. I would really really love to be able to play the Geneforge series on IOS, the touch control in Avadon are not perfect but I much prefer them over mouse and keyboard and find the whole experience a lot lot nicer simply being able to curl up with your iPad like you would a book and play.

Basically I'm saying I'd love for Geneforge to get ported to IOS, I was wondering how much support there would be for that? would others want this too? How do you get the ball rolling for something like this?

Honestly Avadon is the best game I have played on IOS and potentially see a big market for spiderweb games there. I have also heard about communities funding development via service such as kickstarter, I would certainly be interested in doing something like that for this, would others?

Anyway let me know what your thoughts are on the topic even if you're not interested as I'd like to know what people think.

The trick is that Jeff's games pre-Avadon are coded differently, so it would be a big pain to port them to iOS. However, all new games are planned to be ported for iPad, and there is a good chance that he'll start remaking Geneforge games in the next 5 years. It'll be a while, but your wish should come true in the future.

Jeff had such a bad experience compiling Avernum 6 to upgrade it for Apple's Mac Store and Steam not selling Mac versions of the Geneforge games because they use Resource Forks that he isn't willing to convert the older games. But some day he will update all his other old games to run on newer computers and he will make the new versions compatible with iPads and maybe he will learn enough to do other platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in as a supporter of bringing Geneforge to IOS. My iPad is the only thing I have where I can game. Our one desktop is shared by my hubby and kids for various things and is in constant use. Avadon was my introduction to Spiderweb games and I'd love to be able to play earlier titles.

Although, now that Inthink about it, I do have a super crappy netbook. It came with Windows Starter, which is next-to-worthless. I had been thinking of dumping Windows and using Linux instead. Will Geneforge run on Linux?