A-EftP - Quest help: Escape the Underworld (spoilers)

I cant figure out how to complete this quest. I had the 4 part password, I killed the giants in the final room and found no escape route to the surface. But upon returning to the quest giver with the Scimitar in Bargha there is no new dialogue options. Same with Erika and Sulfras. I tried killing Sulfras but still nothing new. What am I missing?

I finished the other 2 endgame quests, if that matters.

Thanks

Wow. Nevermind. just found the switch near the bars.

There are two hidden switches in first large room when you enter the Final Gauntlet. The first is near the entrance to the grassy room and the second is on the far wall to open a room with a wheel to remove the bars trapping you in the giant ambush.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. If that doesn't work, then use the u key to help locate hidden switches in Avernum.

• 1 month later...

I am stuck in the gauntlet as well. Same as MrYuk (have all passwordparts, killed Grah-Hoth, cleared the gauntlet...)

I wonder about two things...

- why can't I turn the two wheels ("complicated mechanism") - one in the big room with the pillars in the north and the other wheel west of that room?

- there is another wheel and hidden switch (w of green/grassy room) which I cannot reach because of the gaps. The orb does not work inside and I do nocht know another way to get there.

I have examined the whole gauntlet many times (also with the "u"-key). Pls help. Thanks.

The two wheels that are complicated mechanisms should work if you use the enlightenment pool to the north of the room with pillars and magical barriers. The one in the west room will bridge the gap to a basin to the south, but going farther is blocked by broken mechanism. The one in the center of the barriers and pillars opens the way to the end.