A-EftP - Quick Question

I've been playing Avernum for a bit now. Quite fun, even if there are a nice few things that I could complain about. However, I am posting this for just one thing. Near Cotra, there is a tower inhabited by slith. You, in fact, get a quest to go over there and wipe them out. In the upper area of that tower, close to the boss of the area, there is a chest. I have a picture of my party standing next to it.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hmjx9f&s=5

The thing about this chest is, it won't open. It's not that it's locked or anything, if I go up to it and click on it, nothing happens. Nothing at all. No message of any kind, no text in the text box. I can click on it, but it just won't open. Or respond. Even if there isn't some good reward in there or anything, I would like to know how to get inside that box. I downloaded the most recent version of Avernum shortly before I went here, in case anyone wants to know. Thanks in advance for any help