Avadon - Demo & App Store - Probs

moomina

I am having trouble getting technical support with my issue. So far one response in 5 days, not great. Spiderweb used to respond within 24 hours. I've been playing the games since they began aeons ago... and am a little disgruntled to get poor support when I'm paying for a game.

Off soapbox, ahem, thank you...

So if anyone is watching and can help, I'd be extremely grateful.

This is a step-by-step of what has happened...

1) Downloaded Avadon Demo from Spiderweb site, played it all...

2) Discovered Avadon cheaper on App Store, paid and DL from there, started game, and found saved games have disappeared.

3) Got one tech support reply... now know that that saved games are saved in different places depending on whether game was purchased App Store, or from Spiderweb.

4) Followed tech support advice to trash all saved games, and DL game again from App Store. However, when I try to find the folder where the saved games should be moved to... it's not there. I can see other stuff inside the "containers" folder... so it's not that it's invisible. It's just that the Spiderweb Software folder ain't in there.

Here is the path I'm using... any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks so much!

~/Library/Containers/com.spiderwebsoftware.Avadon/Data/Library/Application Support/Spiderweb Software

Avadon saved games are never stored in containers. That's a newer thing. Where did you get this path:

~/Library/Containers/com.spiderwebsoftware.Avadon/Data/Library/Application Support/Spiderweb Software

Was it on our site? It's completely wrong.

To find the saved games and transfer them, go here

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon/techsupp.html

and read the section "Macintosh App Store Transferring Saved Games."

Finally, we do still respond to all our support e-mails in one business day. However, e-mails can, for a variety of reasons, get lost and not arrive. If this doesn't help, please try e-mailing us again.

- Jeff Vogel