A-EftP - Blocked Passage

The Vanathai shall be "a hard bone to gnaw", literally translating what we use to say here (they were helpful guys in Avernum 6, weren't they?).

I also hope to find active whips, it's too bad whips are not weapons in Spiderweb Games... I know, maybe they would be too much Indiana Jones taste for a Fantasy game but, it might be thrilling to slash a Slith chief or an Ogre mage grin

Quote:
I also hope to find active whips, it's too bad whips are not weapons in Spiderweb Games... I know, maybe they would be too much Indiana Jones taste for a Fantasy game but, it might be thrilling to slash a Slith chief or an Ogre mage

Whips are rarely weapons in RPGs not because of the Jones association, but because they're not actually useful as weapons. The point of a whip isn't to kill or maim an enemy, but to cause pain, usually to a person or animal that isn't all that likely to kill you anyway. One can attach small blades or metal spikes to the ends of whips, but this mostly just makes them into cut-rate rope darts or flails.

Of course, this is fantasy, so we can in theory have any number of physics-defying whip-things (e.g. Ivy from Soul Calibur), but Jeff's games tend to be pretty down to earth about weapon selection.