Mouse reacts badly in dual-monitor setup[G5]

Hey all! I've been an avid Spiderweb fan since Exile 3 (still my favorite) and it's taken until now to find a problem that is both frustrating enough to try and fix, and doesn't have any info I can find out there.

When I'm playing Geneforge 5 or Avadon (most likely any others that use that tier of graphics engine as well) and I have dual monitors set up, moving the mouse to the edge of the game causes the in-game mouse to stop at screen edge, but the computer mouse to continue onto the other monitor. This is great at first glance, except that it continues moving my in-game view until I move the mouse back into the game window.

Trying Windowed mode only causes the issue on all 4 sides, instead of just the side with the other monitor.

If the only reason I moved the mouse out there was to interact with something outside the game, that would be great. Alas, I use the mouse to scroll the viewport and this makes it VERY frustrating. It has gotten me into trouble on more than one occasion.

TL;DR - Does anyone know how to constrain the mouse to the game window while the game is in focus, the way Geneforge 3 and 4 do?

Thanks!!

Windows 7 64 bit

All games referenced were bought through Steam

Before someone asks, no, I am not willing to disable dual-monitor while I play. Doing so screws up my icons severely.

I don't think there's any way to do that.

My suggestion would be to use the arrow keys to scroll the viewport (you can set them to do so in the settings dialog box). Personally I find this more convenient anyway -- it's easier to control the scrolling -- and that way you wouldn't need to move the cursor near whichever screen edge is problematic, anyway. You can still use the numpad for keyboard movement.

The problem with that is that my desk arrangement doesn't allow me to have my left hand on the arrow keys without sitting in a very awkward position. I tried that approach for a short time in Avadon and it was really, really awkward. It doesn't help that I've spent 4 games (plus many RTS type games) doing it the old way smirk

Thanks for pointing it out though. At least there is another option if there's no solution at all for the mouse.