Creations we can make.[G5]

Originally Posted By: AethirWeb
And that's all the creations I've done, can we do something like Drakon -> Ur-Drakon or Gazer -> Eyebeast?

You sure can! The catch is that the final canisters for those particular creations are only available in the very last zone of the game, so you don't really get a lot of time to play around with them. And if you take Ghaldring's path, you get a completely different final zone to play through, so on that path you can't get those creations at all.

There's a full list of the creations the G5 PC can make in this thread.

Also, said creations (Ur-Drakons and Eyebeasts) are only available if you raid the quest reward areas in Gazaki-Uss but don't side with Ghaldring's faction. This means having a lot of mechanics skill and living tools, or just ignoring most machines and locked doors you come across. There's only a smidgen of difference between this and simply being unable to make said creations at all.

Speaking of this, I didn't want to start a new topic for such a simple question, but how does the balance for creations look? Correct me if I'm wrong, but after I made my first drayk (I always make these as quickly as I possibly can) I realized that it was at about the same power level as a Cryora, with +1 to some stats and -1 to a few others. I decided to keep it throughout my first playthough and it did quite well, aside from the obvious weakness to magic.

Anyone else seen similar little changes in creation strength? The Cryora has never been this powerful before.

A cryoa that you've levelled up for a while is definitely going to be pretty good, especially for its essence cost. Low-tier creations are very competitive with higher-tier ones in terms of damage output relative to cost. The drayk will still have higher HP and better overall resistances, though: eventually it becomes difficult to keep the early creations alive.

I don't think this is really something that's new to G5; cryoas were great in Geneforge 4 as well. The fact that you can get them very early on helps a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... as long as I'm here: has anyone seen a difference in the amount of essence we have? My G4 lifecrafter could make 7 drakons by the endgame. My G5 lifecrafter is currently at a higher level but can only make 3 Rotghizon's, 2 Kyssaks, a Drayk, and a Plated Clawbug. It's a good group, but it can't possibly cost the same amount of essence. So: what is the greatest number of drakons (or creature of similar essence) you can make, and at what level?

yeah, ive definetly noticed the difference, i could make a group of 3 drakons and 3 gazers in G4 but on g5 i can make 1 drakon 2 drayks and 2 battle alphas but my intellegence wasnt as high as 20 but on my g4 game my int was only 1 point higher, well by the last zone in g5 choosing shaper ending with level 40 shaper i could make 5 kyshakks 3 drayks and 1 ur-glahk not leveled and still ahve a bit of essence left for spells... heres ,my evouluton chain so far:

Fyora / Cryoa

thhad / charged thhad

roamer / pyroroamer

artilia / plated artilia

battle alpha / battle beta

glahk / ur-glahk

drayk / cryo drayk

clawbug / plated clawbug

war trall / shock trall

drakon / ur-drakon

eyebeast / gazer

vlish / charged vlish

wingbolt / unstable firebolt

rotgroth / ???

I guess it is possible to make 7 top tier creations, but more difficult than in G4. I just managed to make 7 War Thralls but it took 24 Int (even with the gruesome charm and skein of wisdom, that's a lot of skill points).

Now, just to reaffirm: is it really only possible to make the ur-drakon if you play anti-Ghaldring and even then only in the last area? I've read the post but that just seems cruel. If so, who wants to explain how Cheat Engine's Cheat Tables work? I tried the G5 one, but am not seeing any difference in my character, so I'm probably doing it wrong.

Quote:
Now, just to reaffirm: is it really only possible to make the ur-drakon if you play anti-Ghaldring and even then only in the last area?

Yes. There are three canisters of create drakon: one in the lab area of Gazaki-Uss, one in the Dera Reaches, and one in Inner Gazaki-Uss. You can only enter Inner Gazaki-Uss if you play one of the four non-Ghaldring factions. The same goes for canisters of create gazer. No one teaches either skill.

I'm not sure how the Cheat Engine works. I just edited scripts to make some everyday item into a charm that added 1 to create drakon and create gazer. There's information on script editing here:

http://www.spiderwebforums.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=122015&post=166995

That worked! Skein of Wisdom now gives +10 to create Drakon. Sadly, as I already knew, the new drakon design is not that great. I guess Jeff was trying to make them look more corrupt instead of like adorable dragons but... the Drayk will always be number one in my eyes. Still, thanks. Now I can do all sorts of stuff. Like turn the skein of wisdom into a super charm for the guardian/warrior, who has always been my favorite class but significantly underpowered. Maybe a +5 to Str, End, Pa, and QA will change that...

For sake of clarification (and at the risk of explaining the joke and thus making it no longer funny, but hey, at least I already giggled a bit at it), from dictionary.com:

Rouge: 1. any of various red cosmetics for coloring the cheeks or lips.

Hence the connection to blush/blushing.

Also, apparently rouge is a name for Canadian football? And now I know.

The standard explanation is that there are different techniques used to shape creations with different amounts of independence and durability. In all five games, you are either a neophyte who has only been through a tiny portion of Shaper schooling; an outsider who has acquired shaping skill only through being shaped yourself and has never learned about it; or the victim of extreme amnesia which presumably destroys any chance of being able to remember immensely complicated and delicate procedures and concepts with adequate accuracy.

• 1 month later...