A-EftP - On unfinishable quests

Okay, I saw that a few people were having trouble with getting the reward for the Bandit Keep quest. Now I'm dealing with something a bit different. I'm trying some things out in a second play-through and got to wandering all over and not getting back to the quests in the Eastern Gallery for a while, though I had taken all the quests from the job boards.

Now I just wandered by that Nephil encampment between Cotra and Fort Dranlon and wiped them out, but Paul, the Mayor's secretary, won't recognize that fact and give me my reward. Is it possible that I picked up too many quests between picking that one up and dealing with it?

I didn't have that happen to me in a similar situation. I forgot to take all the bulletin board notices the first time I was in Cotra and wander off to do other quests. On the way back I found the Nephil encampment and wiped them out. Came back into town and spoke to the secretary and got reward for it! Then went to bulletin board and 'quest' still there. Took it and Paul won't clear it, nor wandering around killing kitties will clear it. Stuck with it even though I finished it. I would think if you found a quest by random chance and got rewarded, the 'notice' would disappear off the boards. shrug.