A-EftP - Not a bug, but: accidental drinking of potions

I think we've all done it. The problem is that if you turned potion drinking (or wand/scroll usage) into a two-step process by adding a confirmation of use, you'd get a whole lot more complaints about the extra mouse clicks. It just reminds us all to be careful where the cursor is when we go to pick things up in our inventories.

My favorite mistake is when I accidentally use a random inventory item and don't even know what it was. Mice seem to be sentient beings at times. This kind of thing happens for operating systems, too. In 1995, or so, I once accidentally made the task bar/system tray disappear in Windows. It freaked me out until I realized that I had simply used a feature and not uncovered a bug or GUI failure.

I certainly wouldn't advocate a two-step problem but that doesn't mean there isn't a better solution to be found.

For example you could make the target click zone smaller but have it grow on hover. That way it would be really hard to inadvertently click the use icon without (and I'm guessing of course) making normal clicks appreciably more inconvenient.

Or... something else.

m/

• 2 months later...

(sorry to bump this, I'm just browsing topics & trying to avoid spoilers while waiting for the Windows version to arrive)

The simple solution is to just get into the habit of hitting the quick save button before doing anything that might need to be reversed (while saving at regular intervals in the 'slots'). In this case changing inventory around, selling items (& selling the wrong one, not checking the junk bag before selling), leveling up, etc. If you drink a potion by accident, a double tap on the 'quick load' button takes you back in time a minute or so & you can do it again.

(all of this assumes that there is a quick save, junk bag, etc incorporated into AEFTP as they are in other Spiderweb games)