A-EftP - Enlighten me...

1) Why doesn't Claudette of the Speakers of Holy Chance in Formello offer the teachings she is willing to give "for a donation" as she says? I just can't get her to offer me her service. Too few XP? Not enough money?

But why doesn't she "function" like the other NPCs, who let you see the offered spell/trait as well as the price. Or tell in brackets that the XP is not yet high enough, like in "earlier" games?

2) I've got a very high rate of misses in fights. My warriors both wear armor that gives them a 30%-penalty on hits each, but the actual failure rate in fights seems to amount to more than 80%! The sword tank is trained STR 9, DEX 6 and EN 7. The Nimble Pole-Fighter most in STR 6, DEX 9 and EN 8. What do I have to increase to improve the hit-rate? Fights get unnecessarily tough because of that. Battle-Disciplins become a nuissance, because they seem to cause the most misses.

3) Where do I "activate" new spells? Is there more to it than reading magical books? How much arcane lore does the party need? Having Chars on level 9 I still have to make do with the first four spells of each discipline. It makes me burn through too many potions and scrolls in regard to my still being in the beginning of the game.

1. Her dialog is a bit confusing. Go through all of the dialog options, the one that allows you to learn spells doesn't necessarily make sense, but hey.

2. Strength affects melee hit chance, not dexterity. Your party can also come across monsters that are much higher-leveled early on. Come back later when you're higher leveled. Also, the blade sweep discipline is dependent on dexterity for some reason (I've read that it's also dependent on the bow being wielded).

3. You learn two levels of a spell from NPC's and one level from spell books. There is a list of spell trainers here and level 3 spellbooks here. The most arcane lore your party needs is 12, or 8 with the Sage Lore trait.

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
3. You learn two levels of a spell from NPC's and one level from spell books. There is a list of spell trainers here and level 3 spellbooks here. The most arcane lore your party needs is 12, or 8 with the Sage Lore trait.

In addition, if you already know spells but can't cast them, it's because you need to raise your Mage Spells or Priest Spells skill.