Name

Enraged Slith

Click to reveal.. ("Previously Posted Piece of Punished Prose")
The Hassled & Harried HareHunter Hied Himself Hurriedly Hence, Halting Halfway Having Heard a Harshly Hollered "HALT"!
T||e ||assled & ||arried ||are||unter ||ied ||imself ||urriedly ||ence, ||alting ||alfway ||aving ||eard a ||arshly ||ollered "||ALT"!

Originally Posted By: Erasmus
Originally Posted By: Trenton the Nephar archer
The Castle? Silvar? Buy? Sell? Are any of these right here?

not together, no. Although I thought Enraged Slith took the mantle of the NPC and was going to answer funny answers to each prompt.

That would imply that I am funny or that there was a point to this topic. I think it's interesting that everyone here seemed to have a different idea about what was going on, though, which is an amusing outcome in itself.

\|//
( :3 ~<3
/|\\

When I was taking my officer basic course in Combat Engineers, there was one rule regarding the ASP (Ammunition Supply Point). You could return unused ammunition, but you could *not* return unused demolition supplies. The reason being that these things have a shelf live before they become unstable, so they wanted to recycle their stocks.

Inevitably, at the end of a training exercise we always had excess material. Our class was divided into two teams, and one of our projects was to build an obstacle called a 'log crib'. Of course we couldn't leave them in place, so we got the opportunity to destroy the other teams obstacle... Out comes the TNT (I started to say C4, but it is used for a different application).

On the first log crib, we used engineering calculations to use just the right amount of explosive. When we set it off, the log crib was gone and the roadway was smoother than when we got there. On the second log crib, however, it was our last charge for the exercise. We calculated the correct amount of explosive to use, but we had to then apply the CEUFF in order to use up the rest of the material, including extra C4 and blasting caps. This time when we set off the charge, we converted one obstacle (the log crib) into another obstacle... a road crater. Being in a wooded area it was easy to see just how big an explosion we had set off. The nearby trees had been barked 70 feet off the ground.

Originally Posted By: icedan77
I have no idea what this has to do with exile or this topic but that was funny rofl
To answer your question, someone asked me a question, and I felt the compulsion to answer. <Silly rabbit, Kix are for Trids.> As to the nature of the direction this thread is taking, I quote from the instigator of this thread.
Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
Originally Posted By: Erasmus
Originally Posted By: Trenton the Nephar archer
The Castle? Silvar? Buy? Sell? Are any of these right here?

not together, no. Although I thought Enraged Slith took the mantle of the NPC and was going to answer funny answers to each prompt.

That would imply that I am funny or that there was a point to this topic. I think it's interesting that everyone here seemed to have a different idea about what was going on, though, which is an amusing outcome in itself.

Originally Posted By: Harehunter
When I was taking my officer basic course in Combat Engineers, there was one rule regarding the ASP (Ammunition Supply Point). You could return unused ammunition, but you could *not* return unused demolition supplies. The reason being that these things have a shelf live before they become unstable, so they wanted to recycle their stocks.

Inevitably, at the end of a training exercise we always had excess material. Our class was divided into two teams, and one of our projects was to build an obstacle called a 'log crib'. Of course we couldn't leave them in place, so we got the opportunity to destroy the other teams obstacle... Out comes the TNT (I started to say C4, but it is used for a different application).

On the first log crib, we used engineering calculations to use just the right amount of explosive. When we set it off, the log crib was gone and the roadway was smoother than when we got there. On the second log crib, however, it was our last charge for the exercise. We calculated the correct amount of explosive to use, but we had to then apply the CEUFF in order to use up the rest of the material, including extra C4 and blasting caps. This time when we set off the charge, we converted one obstacle (the log crib) into another obstacle... a road crater. Being in a wooded area it was easy to see just how big an explosion we had set off. The nearby trees had been barked 70 feet off the ground.

appl

Originally Posted By: Harehunter

Now I get it, smile , and this also demonstrates that explaining a joke doesn't always ruin it laugh.

Again this has nothing to do with the name of this thread, but you may enjoy this one as well.

When I was active duty at Ford Ord, Ca, we were in support of a national guard unit in training. At that time I was the platoon leader of the headquarters company heavy equipment platoon (commonly referred to as the 'heavy junk platoon' be cause we always had some piece of equipment down for maintenance).

I was sitting in the command tent when I got a call to get every piece of equipment I had to a specific coordinate. I got in my jeep, hauled two bull dozer crews off their projects, and got them to where they were needed, at a dirt road along side a river. I reported to the battalions S3, and inquired as to what was going on. He said, "Someone just drove an M88 ( 400px-M88_Armored_Recovery_Vehicle_in_pm tank retriever) into the river." Not seeing any M88, I asked "Where is it?" The S3 pointed to a man standing in the water. "You see that guy? Well, he's standing on it."

Keep in mind that an M88 is about 10 feet tall, and the guy in the river was chest deep in water, standing on top of it!

Apparently the story went this way. The M88 driver was traveling along the river road looking for a place to cross. He came to this spot and saw tracks going into the water, tracks on the other side, and an APC (armored personnel carrier) on the other side. He hollered across to the APC driver, "Hey, you guys cross here?", to which the APC driver answered, "Yeah, sure." whereupon the M88 driver fire up his vehicle and drove across the river.

Unfortunately, he didn't remember one little detail...

APC's Swim! Tank Retrievers ***Don't***.

It took another M88, two combat engineer vehicles and two bull dozers to pull that piece of heavy junk out of the river. To add insult to injury for the poor M88 driver, there was a marked ford site about 1/2 kilometer down the road where he could have crossed safely.

lol im sorry i was not trying to ruin the joke. I saw on the other page were someone had asked you about that stuff after I had already posted that last part. But that is some funny stuff my 2 brother in laws are cops and I use hear stuff like this a lot. But they moved off so i dont get to hear them as much anymore, so it was good to read some of your storys gave me a good lol.