AEFTP - Points of No Return (minor spoilers)

Randomizer, or anyone else who has played through the game:

Unlike in Exile, but similar to Avernum 6, it seems there are people leading different groups with very different goals in AEFTP. Each of these people gives you different quests.

I gather from the hint book that the three game-winning quests have not changed. However, is there a point at which completing quests for these people (the hidden agent, the town leader, the upstart organization, etc.) will lock you out of doing quests for the others? (Or lock you out of anything else, in general?)

There are two spell books: Pyrog's and Drath's, that three groups want. Whichever person you give the first to will determine who you can give the second to and whether you get one other quest.

Click to reveal..
If you give Pyrog's to either Rita (Avernum) or Thantria (Empire) than Drath's can be given only to the one you gave it to or Kyass (upstart). If you give Pyrog's to Eyasss in Kyass' Freehold then you are locked out of the others. If you don't give both to Thantria then you will never get a quest to find the Exit from Avernum to the surface.

I tested two of the three choices and couldn't see any difference in the final texts when you finish all three game winning texts. The only differences seem to be the quest rewards and reputation changes for aiding Avernum.

I agree with Randomizer. I didn't see any changes outside of those quests other then the rewards.

Click to reveal.. (Spoiler for a reason people)
I was sure that it didn't matter who I gave Pyrog's papers to, as after words all three parties still gave me quests to give Drath's book to them afterwords.

As for helping out Freehold, I was able to do all of those quests and the ones related from the castle side by side at the same time. It just that it made the very last quest from the castle harder, and funner.

Click to reveal..
Oh, and the Empire can give better rewards and money if that is all you are interested in.

• 2 weeks later...