101 Greatest XP Games Vol. 2

DogTheNine

Hey

I came across a game package called

101 Greatest XP Games Vol. 2

2 of the games listed were Avernum and Nethergate.

I was wondering if anyone actually owned this compilation as I am curious to know if there are other spiderweb games in it. I perused the web but could not find exactly what games were in this thing.

And, well, I can buy the thing for $5 and know that i'm at least getting 2 good games!

Thanks

I haven't bought a shareware CD in years now. These days, they all have games that I either have already or wouldn't want in the first place.

However, I will admit that the very first such CD I bought contained the demos for both E3 and BoE, along with one or two others that are still on my computer to this day.

Originally Posted By: Master1
10 for X games anyone? Somehow it came with the full version of Geneforge, and I came to the forum and website a few years later.

I still have to beat that game without cheating and blowing through it in two hours...

I barely managed to get through geneforge 1. Great game, but it was like pulling teeth. Out of all the games ive played of jeff's, geneforge 1 and avadon are the only two i beat. Of those 2, i would never replay geneforge 1 at that version as it was too hard. If jeff remade it, i probably would though. However, avadon's another story. Its the only game where ive contemplated replaying.

The avernum second trilogy didnt have a chance though. Since the second trilogy is a lesser version of geneforge series, i play avernum 4-6 a bit and then turn to geneforge 4 or 5, or even 3. Its not that the second trilogy isnt good, its just that geneforge 4 and 5 do everything the 2nd trilogy tries to do better.

It's a matter of taste. I like the second trilogy for not being Geneforge.

—Alorael, who heard of Exile from a friend and then, shortly afterwards, unexpectedly acquired it from the CD "1000 Games" that came as an unwanted freebie with something else. He didn't even know there were sequels until years after they were released. Life was much more obscure without the internet.

I will say this though, of the second trilogy games, I would only hope that jeff remakes them eventually with the better new avernum system. The problem is i doubt that he will as there's such a major change from 4-5(battle disciplines), and then another major change from 5-6 (Dualwield/haste). Both 4 and 5 take a leap from between each other in terms of what you can do.